Thursday, September 4, 2008

In Hindsight ... That was Stupid ....

OBJECTIVE
9 mi. w/11x2 min.@ 6:40/mi. & 2 min. jog

ACHIEVED
9.05 mi.@ 8:32/mi. incl.
2.41 mi.@ 9:14/mi.
6:40/mi.
6:38/mi.
6:35/mi.
6:32/mi.
6:32/mi.
6:28/mi.
6:34/mi.
6:33/mi.
6:32/mi.
6:43/mi.
6:29/mi.
1.27 mi.@ 8:41/mi.

5:47 AM 69° 80% 4 mph

This workout is ALWAYS intimidating to me before I get underway but feels great once I've got it in the bag! Today was no different. I didn't feel great starting out and wondered if I would be able to get it done. The run seems just out of reach beforehand but becomes “doable” while in progress.

There was a hint of coolness in the air this morning which was very refreshing.

The stupid thing that I did with my training was run the Nike Human Race 10K last Sunday. I should have never done it following up the 21-miler on Saturday. I think I compounded the matter with an 8-miler on Monday ... because it was Labor Day. I really needed to just stick with my schedule that has been serving me so well. The impact of 21 miles followed by 10K “race” followed by easy 8-miler was that I needed a rest ... not surprisingly. This mileage followed on the end of my highest mileage week ever. I took Tuesday to rest but need Wednesday too. That's how I ended up doing Wednesday's scheduled run today. Throughout this training cycle, I've resisted the various temptings to go race or share in a great group workout. The opportunities come up all the time and seem very enticing. But I've focused on October 4 and not been swayed ... until this past weekend. I'm mad at myself for doing it because I knew better. This skews my week a bit and could end up impacting this Saturday's long run. I just need to stick with and trust the schedule ... no extracurricular running!

Next week will be the last time I get to do this lovely workout during this cycle. I've got some other “fun” ones planned for the tapering period.

PRE RUN
weight = 159.5#
FRS chews & water

POST RUN
SlimFast, water, multivitamin, oatmeal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: