Monday, September 1, 2008

After Today, It's Time for a Rest

OBJECTIVE
3 - 4 mi. Slow

ACHIEVED
8.02 mi.@ 8:49/mi.

8:54 AM 83° 68% 6 mph

Got a late start this morning due to Labor Day sleep in! Went to YMCA to run the 8 mile route. Legs are feeling the accumulation of miles. Last week was my highest weekly mileage ever and, with today's 8-miler, the past 3 days are my highest 3-day mileage ever.

It was a nice day to run. The temperature was warm but not unbearable and the humidity was lower than what I usually experience during my early morning runs.

I'll probably take an ice bath later today then take the day off tomorrow before getting a "big workout" on Wednesday.

I'm happy with how I've been feeling the past 10 days. I'm sure the training consistency is a big part of how I'm feeling. Not only does consistency offer physical benefit but it builds mental toughness and confidence. Just need to maintain the trend for 33 more days.

PRE RUN
weight = 160#
water, Golden Grahams cereal w/skim milk


POST RUN
water, multivitamin, oatmeal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: