Friday, September 5, 2008

Mmm ... DDT

OBJECTIVE
6 - 8 mi. Easy

ACHIEVED
6.19 mi.@ 8:56/mi.

5:05 AM 72° 83% 0 mph

I felt a little soreness this morning. I'm guessing it's yesterday's speed work and the overall mileage. The highlight today occurred about 4 miles into the run. There's a long, straight section of road that bisects Meyer Park. Today it was my pleasure to follow the mosquito abatement fogger through that stretch. This was NOT good! I know they don't use DDT anymore but my cynical mind suspects that whatever they are using today will be determined harmful to humans after a few decades use. Breathing that stuff this morning was absolutely horrific. Hopefully millions of mosquitoes were killed with today's application. I'll try to remember the common good through my bouts with nausea this afternoon!

Big run in the hills tomorrow.

PRE RUN
weight = 156.5#
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
Grape juice, multivitamin, oatmeal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: