Monday, September 22, 2008

Easy 3

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. Slow
3x100 strides

ACHIEVED
3.01 mi.@ 8:46/mi.
6:26/6:16/6:00

5:17 AM 71° 86% 5 mph

Easy run this morning. Just stretching it out after Saturday's long run and Sunday's rest. Having some concern about my left IT band. It seems to be inflamed or swollen .... I really don't know how to describe it other than it feels "thick". It hasn't slowed me any yet but the fact that I'm feeling it this close to the marathon freaks me out. This is all supposed to be behind me!

Thankfully, I've got power at the house. Many of my neighbors still don't after 10 days. My biggest problem now is the storm knocked out my internet service. That won't be fixed until Wednesday at the earliest. That makes blogging difficult. But I plan to stay on top of it this week.

PRE RUN
weight = 158
nothing

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ought to have that knee checked out. You may need a steroid shot in it. Those feel really good! Not! -K

Cory said...

I have a VERY strong aversion to needles! So steroids or cortisone would be the last option. In fact, it's possible that I'd stop running before going that route.

I had the knee checked out a few months ago by a top doc (Medical Director of the Houston Marathon). In layman's terms, the diagnosis is weak gluteal muscles. I worked with a physical therapist for six weeks and she corrected the problem. But I'm finding the "take home" exercises she gave me a no substitute for the high-tech machines she had me on at her facility.

I suppose there are worse things than a weak butt. Hopefully, the issue doesn't manifest itself in St. George the weekend after next like it did at the Ogden marathon in May!

Anonymous said...

I had a steroid shot in my wrist - the male assistant pulled my hand out to separate the bones and the Dr. gave me the shot. Thought you'd like that one!

Cory said...

Don't sully my blog with these horror stories! Ha!