Monday, July 7, 2008

OBJECTIVE
3-4 mi. SLOW

ACHIEVED
4.03 mi.@ 9:03/mi

5:08 AM

After the weekend, I was really expecting to feel good this morning. Didn't happen. I'm not sure what the problem was. I just felt slow. I ran long last Friday instead of my usual Saturday. On Saturday, I had an abbreviated run. I napped both Saturday and Sunday. Shouldn't all of that add up to fresh legs Monday morning? The only thing I can think to blame it on is nutrition. I gorged myself Thursday afternoon at the Astros game (but had no ill effects on Friday's run). My weight came right back in line within 24-36 hours. Saturday wasn't nutritionally stellar but it wasn't bad either. I began a 24-hour fast Saturday afternoon. That went fine due to limited physical activity. Sunday afternoon was marinated turkey breast, potatoes, and green beans. There was cheese in the potatoes and I had a brownie for dessert (which I would usually pass on). None of this seems wildly inconsistent with a decent run. Maybe it was hydration .... I also need to look back at other runs following fasting. I seem to recall a similar bad Monday run following a fast ....

Fortunately it was a recovery run so I slogged through it. It was odd though. My legs felt okay and my cardio felt good. I just felt slow and couldn't get going.

Hoping for something better tomorrow. I'll keep it to 6 miles since I'll be working with my physical therapist, Dani, later in the morning.

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
Accelerade, multivitamin & oatmeal w/flax, turbinado & skim milk

No comments: