Monday, July 28, 2008

Not So Easy Run

OBJECTIVE
9 mi.@ 8:53/mi.

ACHIEVED
9.03 mi.@ 8:56/mi.

5:31 AM 75F 91% 6 mph

Had some general soreness from the beginning. Most of it dissipated once I got warmed up. I just ran easy but found myself around 9:04-08/mi. Struggled in an effort to go a bit faster so I just left it there until I turned back at the midway point. Started playing the "2% more effort" game. I focus on putting just 2 percent more into every stride. I've found this is usually good for a 10-25 second pace reduction. I only wish I could stay mentally focused longer. I'm getting better but its still too short.

I ran the bayou trail from the Y. It looks like I'll be using the Y as my starting point more often now that my runs are longer.

PRE RUN
2 FRS chews & water

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin, 5-grain w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: