Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Heavy Air, Heavy Legs

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. EZ (8:24-54/mi.)

ACHIEVED
6.30 mi.@ 8:50/mi.

5:22 AM 71° 95% 0 mph

Ninety-five percent humidity that's crazy! The air definitely had a "thickness" to it this morning.

My legs were heavy and I really didn't ever feel like I got going. I also suspect myself of subconsciously holding back since I have no idea what's in store for me at this morning's PT session. The only thing I've heard over and over is that Dani, my therapist, isn't "warm and fuzzy". She even said something to that effect when we met ... and seemed proud of it. That's fine with me - so long as her methods work and are able to get me back on track.

I spent much of this morning's run thinking over a memo that I have to write for the CEO. Although the topic is highly technical, I had the good fortunate of sitting through Dr. Dave Stewart's class at BYU that was exactly on point. The problem for me is that the class was thirteen years ago! At least it's a good base to work from. I'm enjoying the fact that I'm slightly ahead of the high-paid consultants on this topic. Of course they have national experts to drawn upon when necessary. Okay ... enough work talk on my running blog! ... although maybe that's what slowed me down this morning ....

I've got to hustle off to PT. I'll post more about that experience later.

PRE RUN
Accelerade

POST RUN
water, multivitamin @ oatmeal w/skim milk

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey Cory,
I hope physical therapy went well.
If you need a place to stay while in St. George we have a condo thier. I could check and see if I could get it. Just let me know when.

My family is doing well. Chris just has six more months left of school.Thank goodness! Shae will be in 11th, Colbie in 8th, Madison in 2nd, and Brooke is still home with me....

How is your family?

Cory said...

Tiffany -

PT is tough! But I suppose that's the point, right?

Okay ... I'm very interested in the St. George condo! Thank you for offering to check on it. The marathon is October 4. We'll most likely get to St. George on Thursday, October 2 and leave Sunday or Monday (October 5 or 6). That's conference weekend. Last year we stayed in a hotel and our friends had a condo (from a family member). It seemed they were a lot more comfortable than we were.

Can't believe Shae will be a junior. Isn't that crazy? You and Chris sure are getting old! (ha, ha, ha) It must be exciting that he's that close to finishing school.

Gotta run.