Thursday, May 29, 2008

Quick 3

OBJECTIVE
run

ACHIEVED
3.02 mi.@8:15/mi.


5:01 AM 70° 83% 0 mph

Nothing special about today's run. I played basketball for an hour and a half last night. I haven't played in a long time. It was good to get out again. Sometime ago I read that distance running reduces jumping ability. I don't recall the source or biomechanical details. I did notice that I seemed to have difficulty getting two feet off the ground at the same time last night. Being honest with myself, it might not be the running .... It may be that 41-year old guys just aren't supposed to jump! Not that I ever had an amazing vertical but there was a time when I could get off the floor a bit.

I wasn't sure when I would wake up this morning and didn't set an alarm. I figured if I woke up early enough, I'd run. If not, I'd go out tonight or tomorrow. I woke up around 4:50, tossed a bit then figured I had time for 3 miles.

I haven't checked the weather this morning but I'm guessing I'll find the temperature was slightly cooler and the humidity was noticeably lower. It was pleasant. Weather supposed to stay the same for a while ... lows in the 70's, highs in the 90's.

The only thing I noticed was my legs felt a little tweaked from the lateral movement playing basketball last night. I tried to keep the pace comfortable and just enjoy being out. It was a good start to the day.

I'm not sure what's going to happen for this weekend's running. Steph's wedding was last weekend. I don't know about the honeymoon plans but I'm guessing she's out of town. If that's the case, the question becomes will anyone pick up the slack and plan a run in her absence. I'm also not sure what the renegade Spring runners are doing. Bob Bond is running the San Diego marathon Sunday so he'll be out of town. I think a couple of the other guys are nursing injuries. Jonathan has picked up with the Tornados running club so I doubt he's going to want to do anything. I may be left on my own ....

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin

No comments: