Saturday, April 5, 2008

Blew Up!

OBJECTIVE
20 mi. @ 8:20

ACHIEVED
18.95 mi. @ 8:53

9:48 AM 60° 80% 8 mph

Ran a new route from Memorial Park along the Bayou into Downtown then looped the Bayou a couple times on the way back to the Park.

I started slowly because I really wanted to get the miles. Everything went well through 15 miles then the wheels fell off. I covered Mile 15 in 7:56 which was my fastest mile then stopped at the fountain at the Sabine Bridge. When I started again, it just wasn't happening! My left ITB hadn't bothered me until this point and my left ankle was becoming a problem too. I gutted out another 3 miles back along the Bayou and was committed to finishing this run. But it wasn't to be. With only a couple miles to go, I started alternating running and walking then finally decided that I might be hurting myself too much to keep running. I walked it back and wasn't happy about it. This run had started so well and ended so poorly.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

DURING
2 GU packets and 20 oz. Accelerade

POST RUN
SlimFast & water

No comments: