Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's Good to Be Back Home!

OBJECTIVE
5 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
5.12 : 38:36 = (7:32 min/mile)

9:20 AM 47° 30% 12 mph


I felt very good today once I was out the door. I'm not sure what to attribute it to ... it could be the two day break from running or the better conditions here in Houston than in Utah or better sleep and nutrition or full recovery from my lifting session at the South Weber Recreation Center last week ....

I didn't check my watch until I heard the mile indicator for the first time. I felt strong and felt that I had started at a stronger pace than I've been running lately but I was surprised to see that I was at 7:28. I felt good and figured that I'd just try to maintain the pace. You can see that I fell off a bit (thanks to the last couple miles) but I was happy to run strong and not have ITB issues. My right calf flared up slightly but it wasn't a factor in today's run.

I extended my usual 4-mile "Stuebner-Airline" route to pick up an extra mile. I ended up down on Cypresswood across a section of the Bearkat Bash 5K course.

I expect to pick up my mileage a bit this week and am looking forward to my next race on January 12, the Run The Woodlands 5K. Hopefully I stay strong over the next week and a half. Turning the calendar to 2008 is also exciting in that it's now the year in which I plan to qualify for the Boston Marathon. ... here's to a great year of running!


PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, waffles w/syrup & 2% milk

No comments: