Saturday, January 5, 2008

Great Day on the Road

OBJECTIVE
8 mile easy : no pace

ACHIEVED
8.38 miles : 66:35 = 7:56/mi.

8:05 AM 63° 89% 6 mph

Had a good run this morning. This was my longest since November 17's 17-miler. I'm happy to report no problem with ITB's or right calf. The best part of today's run was that Jonathan drove up to run with me. Although we've met for lunch a few times recently, I don't think we've run together since October 21 in Baton Rouge the morning after the LSU - Auburn football game.

Jonathan is tapering for next Sunday's Houston Marathon. He's looking for a 3:10 to qualify for the Boston marathon. He just missed the qualifying time at last month's White Rock marathon in Dallas; coming in at 3:11:55. That was his first marathon effort after starting running the same night I did back in March (2007). I wish him the best with next weekend's effort. I'm betting he'll do it. For anyone interested, his blog is at Run for Speed. I'll admit his blog is more entertaining and informative than mine!

Anyway, it was great to run with him and we shared good conversation over the whole 8+ miles. He wanted to cover the distance at 8 minute miles which I knew may be a bit of a stretch for me. But I felt great this morning and with the distraction of the conversation, the miles rolled by easily.

It had rained this morning before we ran so it was a bit steamy but overall it was a great morning to run ... good weather, great company, feeling solid ... I'm happy with how it all went down this morning.

Thank you for making the drive to run with me this morning, Jonathan!


PRE RUN
Earlier, Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk & water
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin, & water

No comments: