Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Eager Anticipation

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.01 miles : 23:28 (7:47/mile)

4:53 AM 30° 64% 4 mph

After yesterday's solid effort, I was really looking forward to this morning's run. Last night's forecast was for a cold front so I was mentally prepared for a cool morning. After running in Utah over the holiday, I relearned the concept that weather conditions are relative. I was also reminded that the body seems to acclimate itself to its surroundings (e.g., altitude and cold).

This morning's run was a decent 3 miler. I didn't feel quite as good as yesterday but it was still pretty good. I was at 7:45 for the first mile. This was a bit of a disappointment compared to yesterday but I'm still running by "feel" and that's what I felt. I held the pace over the second mile and fell off about 6 seconds over the last mile. I'm curious to see what kind of time I'll put down in The Woodlands 5K a week from Saturday. My "no pace" training and lack of 9+ mile long runs seem to be a weak base to race from. But maybe the "rest" has done my body good ... ???


PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin, & water
Later, oatmeal w/brown sugar & milk, water

No comments: