Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Up the Hill

OBJECTIVE
4 x hills : no pace

ACHIEVED
4.30 miles : 39:52 = (9:13)

3:08 PM 21° 87% 2 mph; light snow

This was a tough run. I didn't feel very good right from the start. It could have been a dozen things conspiring against me ... lack of proper nutrition or sleep, yesterday's air travel, the cold, the snow, the altitude, whatever ... I didn't have to look hard for excuses ... but I pressed on. I run from my parent's place over the toll bridge and up the huge hill into South Ogden then came back. The hill really slowed my pace! Starting elevation was 4,440' and maxed at 4,737' with almost all of the climb coming over 1 mile. Of course there's nothing close to this at home in Houston. After my heavy-footed and labored start, I considered knocking off at 1.5 miles and coming back but at about the 1.5 mile point I had topped the hill and went on to add another .65 miles as planned.

I thought I was going to be cold but my layers worked out fine and that wasn't a problem at all.

My calf bothered me most be the way and when I came back down the hill I was holding back because I was afraid my ITB's wouldn't appreciate the drop.

All in all, it turned out to be a decent run. I appreciate much better the conditions many of the Fast Running Bloggers run in this time of year!

No comments: