Thursday, October 4, 2007

Confusion Reigns!

Yesterday turned out to be a particularly bad day at the office. Without getting into the details, my nutrition and hydration routine was really thrown off. My intent this week has been to focus on three things: nutrition, hydration, and rest. I've done pretty well until yesterday which ended up being an extremely bad day all the way around.

This morning I was scheduled for an easy 3 miles at 8:46 pace. Hopefully I'm thinking more clearly than I was this morning when I went out at 4:50 am. I started from the house feeling okay and without much thought proceeded along my run focusing on keeping it EASY and not stepping in a hole or on a curb. My pace seemed fine and I wasn't really paying much attention to it. I was trying to imagine the start Saturday before sun up. Well before I knew it 3 miles had passed and to my surprise I was still 1.5 miles from the house. I had absent-mindedly taken my 5 mile route this morning instead of the 3 mile route. Doh!

I used the additional distance as a warm down.

Easy
3 miles @ 8:26

Cool Down
.84 mile @ 7:08 ????!!???!


Hopefully the day goes better!


Forgot to mention I wore sunglasses yesterday to see how the high visibility lenses worked before sun up. They were fine but I've decided I'm not wearing sunglasses during the marathon. It's too long to be dealing with them if for some reason they become a nuisance.

No comments: