Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Morning

I fell asleep with an ice bag on each knee last night. This seemed much more effective than the ice bath I took after last Saturday's long run.

This morning I am feeling very good. Hopefully this holds for 48 hours! I am actually surprised by how good I'm feeling. I need to remember to run on the track before big races since my body seems to like it much better than pounding the pavement!

At the moment my mental approach seems good. I'm viewing the race as two 5-milers followed by a 5K. The final 5K begins upon emerging from the mouth of Ogden Canyon. It sounds like there's going to be a bunch of hoopla going on in the streets (e.g., bands, street performers, spectators, etc.). I think I'll be looking for a lift at that point and I'm hoping the environment provides it for me. My current plan is to run the first 5 miles slower than the second 5 miles since the second 5 has the most elevation drop and is in the shade of the canyon.

Of course, all plans are subject to change as I tap the nether-reaches of my left-brain!

1 comment:

Jeddo Road said...

Saturday morning..10:30 am...

Cory..checked your website and expected to find a pic of you getting some kind of award....maybe for a runner completing a half-marathon with the least amount of running history.....Hope everything went well....