Friday, December 16, 2011

objective
4.5 mi.@ 7:31-8:20 w/4x30 sec. intervals @ 5:38 mixed in

achieved
4.73 mi.@ 8:03 w/4x30 sec. intervals 5:15/5:32/5:26/5:33

6:19 AM 29° 28% 1 mph
resting heart rate = 50 bpm
blood oxygenation = 97%

Even before leaving our place I was cold. Going outside amplified the sensation and running even more so ... at least for the first mile. Eased my way down to the butterfly sanctuary - which of course isn't active this time of year. On the way back threw in 4 30-second bursts. It actually felt pretty good to "open it up". There was a little ice along the trail this morning so I tried to pick my spots for speeding up carefully to avoid slipping. Even having to think about this cause a bit a tentativeness in my stride. I've essentially resigned myself to the presumption that I'll be falling down sometime this winter. I'm just hoping for a soft landing and that I don't get hurt too badly. I did "give myself" one of these:



for Christmas. If anyone finds my carcass along the path ... at least they'll know who to call!

Upon waking up this morning, I checked my heart rate and blood oxygenation. I had a couple readings of 48 bpm and 98%. I'm always happy when my heart rate starts with a "4". The most common reading was 50 and 97.

pre run
water & pumpkin muffin

post run
chocolate almond milk, multivitamin, pumpkin muffin, 2 eggs & 4 sausage links

No comments: