Monday, June 13, 2011

OBJECTIVE
warm up
5 x .5 mi.@ 3:08 w/.25 mi. active recoveries
cool down

ACHIEVED
WU 1.21 mi.
dynamic stretch
5 x .5 mi. (3:01 3:07 3:07 3:07 3:08)
CD 1.47 mi.

total time = 51:55
total distance = 6.19 mi.

6:01 AM 76° 82% 0 mph

I didn't even bother going by the high school track this morning. I'm sure the track resurfacing project is ongoing. Boy would I prefer to do speedwork on the track rather than the roads. At least I was wearing trainers today rather than flats like I was last week.

It looks like I really psyched myself up for the first interval. Even though the finishing time was 3:01, I was significantly ahead of that pace through the first two-thirds of the half. Suppose I need to settle down a bit! The intervals got progressively more challenging. On the last one, I caught my mind wandering off on the topic of work. Had to snap myself back to the task at hand and barely made the 3:08 goal time.

Thankfully tomorrow is a rest day. I feel like I need it.

PRE RUN
weight=165.5
body fat=22.6%
-

POST RUN
SlimFast & glutamine

No comments: