Saturday, April 30, 2011

OBJECTIVE
3 mi.

ACHIEVED
3.22 mi.@ 8:13

6:46 AM 73° 86% 3 mph

Humid this morning. Seems like it may rain today - which we need. I felt sluggish.

Had my fourth treatment at Koala. They've back working on my back since last Friday. The routine is essentially focused massage on my lower back followed by ultrasound then electro therapy. From there I do physical therapy which consists of stretching - back, glutes and outer thighs ?(I guess that's really glutes ... ???). I then do some single-leg balancing on a "Thera band" foot pad (it's unstable so forces me to lose some muscle to stay upright). Last Monday they hit me with back extensions and crunches using an exercise ball. And that's where I believe we all discovered my weakest link - pitifully weak abs! After all that, a chiropractor adjusts my low back. I'm not sure about the overall benefit yet. It does force me to do some strengthening which I'm sure doesn't hurt any.

My latest theory is that the back issues are either associated with the chair in my Chicago office or the seats on planes that I'm spending time on. I've essentially ruled out the hotel beds that I've been sleeping on. You've gotta love the scientific process ....

PRE RUN
weight=164.5
body fat=22.5%

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

No comments: