Saturday, November 13, 2010

OBJECTIVE
8 mi.

ACHIEVED
8.41 mi.@ 7:41

6:28 AM 56° 77% 2 mph

A beautiful morning. It rained overnight leaving everything damp and the air cool. I set out from the Cypress Creek YMCA a little later than planned but this was perfectly okay. Easing into the run, I was just enjoying the "freshness" of the morning.

On the way out I considered my return trip would take a newly finished path that I haven't explored yet. I don't know exactly where it goes - just the start and end points - nor do I know the exact distance. I suspect it is shorter than the usual route through the neighborhoods. Since today was just an easy 8-miler without a prescribed pace, I figured it would be a good opportunity to introduce myself to the new path. However, that plan changed.

At the turnaround, I was averaging 8:15 per mile and felt pretty good. I decided I would try getting the overall average pace for the entire run down to 7:56 per mile. So I improvised mile cutdowns where my plan was to log 7:50, 7:40, 7:30 and 7:20 miles over the return trip. 7:20 was sounding like an aggressive finishing pace and I wasn't sure I could get there. However I started knocking it down and the pace came easily. I felt good!

7:33 / 7:23 / 6:56 / 6:49 / 5:55 (0.20 mi. - 1:12)

PRE RUN
weight=162
diet V8 splash, glutamine, & oatmeal w/brown sugar & skim milk

POST RUN
SlimFast

No comments: