Friday, November 12, 2010

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.

ACHIEVED
6.02 mi.@ 7:51

8:27 AM 73° 87% 3 mph

Felt good today. A phenomenon I have previously observed was reinforced today. My typical run occurs in the early morning right after falling out of bed. On rare occasion (like today), I'll start my run later in the morning - after getting up, eating a light breakfast, reading newspaper, etc. When my runs follow this pattern, I almost-always feel better while running and run significantly faster. So what's going on?

I know it makes sense on a rational level. I give myself a chance to wake up, I've eaten something thereby providing a fresh glycogen source to draw upon, etc. I'm sure that there's something going on physiologically because I've observed it too many times and it's too obvious to deny.

I just wonder what the science behind what I'm experiencing is? I haven't yet had time to research and I don't recall ever reading anything about this.


PRE RUN
water, glutamine & GrapeNuts w/skim milk

POST RUN
diet V8 splash, multivitamin, & low-fat cinnamon almond granola w/skim milk

No comments: