Thursday, September 30, 2010

OBJECTIVE
1 mi. warm-up
2 mi.@ 6:52
1 mi. cool-down

ACHIEVED
1.01 mi. WU
2.00 mi.@ 6:48
1.04 mi. CD

~9:45 pm

Got away from work late tonight. This run was on my schedule for tomorrow morning. However Dr. Cadena has agreed to see me prior to office hours. Since this is my last run, I decided I didn't want to run again until the marathon once I receive treatment. That explains how I found myself finishing up this run after 10 pm at Memorial Park.

The run went okay. My legs were a little sore from the light resistance work and stretching I've been subjecting them to. I'm not worried about that. My left calf/Achilles flared a bit with what felt like repetitive muscle strain and my right shin splint was "there" but not problematic. The half marathon pace felt easy on the cool evening air on rested legs.

Looking forward to an all-out carbohydrate binge tomorrow.

PRE RUN
water & pure protein bar

POST RUN
water, hamburger patty w/cheese & grilled chicken breast
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless

No comments: