Sunday, July 4, 2010

OBJECTIVE
7 mi.@ ~8:45

ACHIEVED
7.20 mi.@ 8:36

6:05 AM 75° 84% 0 mph

My running has been a story of "unforced errors" the past couple of days. Friday morning it was raining and I just wasn't "feeling it" physically or mentally. So I threw my running clothes in a bag and took them to work figuring I'd get a couple miles after work when I was feeling better. It rained most of the day and I didn't get away from work until late. I rode the bus to avoid the potential commuting-in-the-rain-madness. That didn't turn out too well for me. There was flooding all around town so the bus took various alternate routes. This made the trip home much longer than usual. With a few miles to go to the park-and-ride the driver asked if anyone needed to stop there. Of the approximately 8 people on the bus, I was the only one. Driver asks me to come up front; tells me since I'm the only one and the way isn't clear he's "going to have to drop me off somewhere". Okay, no big deal ... I guess. Well, the bus proceeds to get into a huge traffic jam; can't go forward because of water; can't go backward because of piling up traffic. I get out and start walking ... wondering when the other riders will ever get home! The walk to me car was a pretty good hike. I'm wearing work clothes and it's wet everywhere. By the time I get home it's quite late. I had visions of getting even 2-3 miles in just to be able to record something. But I was ready for dinner and bed when I got home. ... missed running day ....

Saturday ... most of the group was riding in the "Texas mountains". Randy was in town but I put him off because the weather forecast didn't look good for Saturday morning. Well, the weather turned out fine but I didn't go for a run myself. What's my problem?

That brings me to today, Sunday, my usual rest day. I've now figured I can still get my miles. Friday was 2-6 recovery, Saturday was 14 long, and Monday is 5 base. So I'll do 7 today (Friday's 2 and Monday's 5) then go 14 tomorrow. Sure it screws up my recovery week and possibly the 5K next Saturday. But I'd rather get the miles in.

I felt somewhere between okay and pretty good once I got going today.

PRE RUN
weight=162
Diet V8 Splash

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, glutamine 500 mg, brown rice farina w/brown sugar & skim milk, turkey bacon & low-fat vanilla yogurt

No comments: