Monday, February 1, 2010

OBJECTIVE
8 mi.@ 7:38-8:29
2x20 sec. stiff-legged running
2x20 sec. running no arms

ACHIEVED
8.26 mi.@ 8:08

4:53 AM 38F 88% 1 mph

Experienced a first this morning. Six miles into this 8-miler my left calf cramped up ... big time! It had been tight from the beginning with peculiar soreness radiating from my around my knee up to my thigh and down to my ankle. I figured it would shake out over the course of the run. I basically ignored it. The fleeting thought occurred to me again how well my training is going. I actually feel faster. I made a right turn and didn't notice anything except my calf was so tight I was limping. I stopped and tried to stretch it out. Didn't seem to be getting anywhere with that but did notice it tightening as I was cooling off. After stretching and trying to massage it for a few minutes, I figured I'd better get moving before it locked up on me altogether. I gingerly shuffled/gimped over the 2 miles back to the house. My self-assessment is that it's "just a muscle". Back at the house, I skipped the drills and started icing. Hope it's not a big deal. I've got intervals tomorrow.

PRE RUN
weight=167.0

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, oatmeal w/flax, chia seeds, brown sugar & 1% milk

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless

No comments: