Friday, February 19, 2010

65 min. elliptical

10 min. WU
5 x (7 min. hard/3 min. easy)
5 min. CD

Kept my stride rate and my heart rate better than ever today. Calf felt good most of the day yesterday until the evening when it felt "fatigued". That being the case, I decided to get back on the elliptical again this morning. Hoping today goes the same as yesterday: calf feels fine most of the day. Wondering if bouncing off the bottom of the pool during water running stresses the calf injury ... ?

If I have to stay in this "fitness-preservation-while-injured" mode much longer, I plan to incorporate Tabata intervals (see also LINK)into the mix.

Worried about losing fitness and speed.

May try racing tomorrow. It's risky but if my calf feels fine all day. I'll drive to Orchard in the morning. If I have a problem warming up or on the course, I'll pull out.

No comments: