Monday, February 15, 2010

65 min. elliptical

Focused on my stride rate today. Realized that I've probably been sandbagging all of my rehab workouts. Not good.

It's been two weeks now since my calf injury. I'm still not ready to run on roads. However, there is promise. For several hours over the weekend, there was no noticeable issue with my calf. It got me thinking about trying a road run again but with 63 days to Boston I can't make the mistake of making the attempt too early. Also, most of the day on Sunday, my calf was reminding me that everything isn't "all right".

There are many frustrating aspects to this situation. One is that without being able to strictly follow the training plan; I feel aimless. Sure I'm trying some haphazard substitute workouts but it's clear they aren't the same. For now my plan is to run again when I feel nothing in my calf. I have a secret hope that my first time back on the road is this coming Saturday for a scheduled 10K. It's a time trail and might give me some kind of gauge as to where I'm really at from a fitness standpoint. Between now and then, it's the elliptical and the pool.

No comments: