Monday, August 17, 2009

Strange Run This Morning

OBJECTIVE
9 mi.@ 7:47-8:36
Stiff-Legged Run 2x20 seconds
Running No Arms 2x20 seconds

ACHIEVED
9.05 mi.@ 8:25
stiff-legged run 2x20 sec.
running no arms 2x20 sec.

5:57 AM 78° 89% 0 mph

This was a strange run. I haven't run from the Y in a few weeks and my home-based routes don't lend themselves to a good run over 8 miles ... so I drove over to the Y for today's scheduled 9-miler. Over the first 3 miles, I just couldn't get going. It became frustrating so I just tried to relax and settle in. I figured the pace for this run was going to be significantly slower than planned. But for some strange reason (maybe I finally woke up ???) a little over 3 miles into it, the pace became easy and I run a nice steady progressive run the rest of the way with my last mile in 7:37. I have absolutely nothing to attribute this strange outcome to ....

PRE RUN
weight = 164.5
water

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & GrapeNuts w/1% milk

No comments: