Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where's the Crew??!!???

OBJECTIVE
14 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
14.13 mi.@ 8:31

6:20 AM 75° 99% 1 mph

Lost my momentum over the last couple of days. I don't think I gave body the proper opportunity to recover the after the Peachtree 10K last Saturday (... or is that just a convenient excuse ... ???).

No word from the group of a run today. Several of them are probably still recovering from the IronMan triathlon a few weeks ago and I think others my be dealing with injuries. That left me on my own this morning.

This solo 14-miler was tough. I started late. And although the weather wasn't as bad as it could have been, it was still challenging. I figure the heat index today added around 15-20 seconds per mile to my pace (... or is that just an excuse ... ???).

Glad to have it done.

For you treadmill runners, where's something to try the next time you're logging miles on the ole dreadmill! Good luck.



PRE RUN
weight=163
water & cereal w/1% milk

POST RUN
SlimFast & water
Later, strawberry smoothie & multivitamin

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'm back! (and running this weekend!) Join me!

Cory said...

Glad to hear it, Josh! I'm there.