Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Still Sore ... Thanks to Micro-Tearing???

OBJECTIVE
4 mi.@ 8:04

ACHIEVED
4.04 mi.@ 8:23

5:35 AM 57° 88% 0 mph

Today's run was a carbon copy of yesterday's. The weather was the same. My pace was the same. And, surprisingly, my legs felt the same. I still have a lot of soreness. It feels like I ran a marathon instead of a half. I suppose it's the descent on the Ogden course that activated muscles I'm not used to using here in the Houston flat lands.

I'm still considering racing this weekend. I would like to go to Boulder for the Bolder Boulder 10K but the hassle of traveling may win out. There's a 5K in The Woodlands on Saturday. I can't seem to find anything local for Monday's Memorial Day - which surprises me. If I'm still feeling like I am now I don't need to worry about racing!

PRE RUN
weight 161.5

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/1% milk

No comments: