Thursday, May 14, 2009

I suppose training for 4 months just to get injured on my last training run, 48 hours prior to the race isn't the worst thing .... I can't believe it is happening. In fact, that's what I yelled out immediately when my foot was hurt, "This can't be happening!" I was two miles from the house and caught the edge on the elevated sidewalk and grass/dirt 2-3 inches below. My self-diagnosis is strained ligaments on top of my left foot. I'm walking with a limp and running is out of the question.

The irony is that on two occasions earlier this week, I was thinking about injuries. Coming home from Monday or Tuesday's run, I thought wouldn't that be stupid to catch an edge on the sidewalk this close to the half. Fortunately I'm much too experienced for that to happen. (This came to mind at a place that this same thing happened before; a long time ago and not nearly as severe.)

My other injury thought was. It seems most of the other runners I know seem to be battling injuries right now. I'm sure glad I'm not.

... the whole thing is pitiful ....

It's not as bad as dropping a bottle of wine on your foot less than a week from a marathon though. This actually kept a person I know from running Chicago 2007 (not a bad one to miss given the circumstances!).

No comments: