Monday, October 6, 2008

Credits

Stephanie Burlet Page (3:28:11) - my perpetual coach; leader of Saturday long runs; coordinator of out-of-town events; savior at Mile 22!

Laurie Aaron - example of "crazy" training; calming seatmate for bus ride to start; presenter of my finisher's medal and recipient of my only post-run hug!

Josh Rayner (3:18:51) - true grit and determination; great training partner

Randy Posejpal (3:29:48) - a metronome; master of sarcastic wit that can fuel an entire long run conversation

Stacey Almond (3:19:34) - always "up" for one more hill or a pickup at the finish of a long run; knows more about shoes than any person should

Jonathan Bennett - occasional training partner; dedicated student of all aspects of running - if he doesn't know the answer, he'll find it.

Bob Bond - occasional training partner; proof that you can get faster over time; great storyteller who makes miles melt away

Dr. John Cianca - diagnosed and prescribed treatment for my post-Ogden marathon knee problems; shared great wisdom about focusing my training objectives; let me know that I have "talent"

Dani Nguyen - expert physical therapist who didn't accept my BS; pushed me hard and got results; she very literally got me back on the road again

Amalia Bilek - best massage therapist; I still don't know how a woman that small can make me hurt in places I didn't know I had! ... hurt so good that is ....

fastrunningblog.com - inspiring information, stories, and opinions of average Joe's to Olympic Trials marathoners; the cumulative knowledge there is unbelievable and the environment is very nurturing for someone finding their way in running.

therunzone.com - a solid site with expert training techniques

Tom "Tinman" Schwartz - Tinman identified the huge discrepancy between my speed and endurance. On June 4, he calculated my marathon pace at 7:55/mile. Using his training techniques perfectly prepared me to do just that in St. George.

Scott Zimmerman - for his custom St. George pace chart. I've used it twice now and it's like magic. His formulas account for the varied terrain perfectly. Deserves a Nobel prize for his work!

TodayIRun Blog readers and Commenters - Thank you for the encouragement! It helps to know you're out there. I feel more accountable for my training and really appreciate the "shout outs".

My Family - Thanks for "letting" me train. Everyone knows the real work of a marathon is done long before the gun at the starting line. Thank you for the support.

4 comments:

Diane B said...

Great to be with you in St. George...you are an inspiration to the whole family. Way to go.
MoM

Becky A said...

Good job, Cory! Wish we could have been there.

Shaury said...

Luv the credits. Good job bro. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the credit Cory, but it's really you, all your hard work and dedication that made it happen. You are an inspiration to all of us. And thank you for your blog, always a treat!