Monday, September 8, 2008

Running on Empty

OBJECTIVE
3 - 4 mi. Slow

ACHIEVED
4.01 mi.@ 9:01/mi.

5:20 AM

This was a tough run. My legs and body - in general - were sore. Much more than I expected. I didn't take an ice bath Saturday like I planned which I seem to be paying for now.

Late in the day yesterday, I became sick. Everything I ate or drank went right through me. This continued throughout the night. Not sure what happened. Paige and Cameron seem to be fine health wise. I've got three theories regarding potential vectors: 1) beginning a 24-hour fast Saturday afternoon following a 20-mile run was stupid; 2) having contact with a boy at church whose whole family was home sick transferred something to me; and/or 3)going to ate waffles and ice cream at a buffet-style slop fest for 16-18-year old boys wasn't a good idea. Even though I was very careful about what I ate, in the gluttony and chaos of it all, I could have easily picked something up.

That does it looking myself in a bubble for the next 4 weeks!

I feel horrible today. Achy all over with a dull headache .... Work is at a high stress point so I don't expect to get the opportunity to relax much this week.

PRE RUN
weight = 156.5#
Gatorade G2 & 1 bite Clif bar

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin
oatmeal w/brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: