Friday, August 29, 2008

A Bit of Editorializing

OBJECTIVE
6 - 8 mi. Easy

ACHIEVED
4.01 mi.@ 8:34/mi.

5:29 AM 73F 94% 0 mph

I flipped yesterday's and today's workout so only had 3 - 4 miles for today. I felt fine and took the old Nike+ gear out to get it calibrated just in case I run the Human Race this weekend.

Has anyone else noticed how horrible Nike's website for this event is or is it just me? I think their concept is excellent but the execution via the website is horrific. (I am not a "Nike guy" but on very rare occasion don their apparel.) For that matter, Nike's whole + system of syncing runs online using Apple's iPod is pretty bad too. I consider myself reasonably savvy when it comes it most technology. So it just seems shocking to me that a world-class name like Nike is so inept with their online offerings.

Stepping off my soapbox now ... To rest up for tomorrow's 20-miler.

PRE RUN
weight = 159#
1/2 Clif bar & water

POST RUN
1/2 Clif bar, chocolate milk, multivitamin, steel cut oats w/brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: