Thursday, May 15, 2008

Not-so-Pleasant Reality

OBJECTIVE
3 mi.@8:15/mi.

ACHIEVED
3.01 mi./8:07/mi.

5:07 AM 66° 94% 4 mph

This run was supposed to be an easy confidence-builder. It wasn't. My knee was a problem the entire run and didn't really loosen up. I struggled to hold the easy pace. I did notice that breathing in a 4 exhales then 4 inhales sequence causes me to run faster than a 6 x 6 sequence. I remember reading that a long, easy run should be around 3 x 3.

The pre-race psychosis seems to have me in a downward spiral. Some facts: 26.2 is a huge challenge for me on my best day. The odds of having even a good day seem to be diminishing. My training cycle has not been as consistent as I would like. I have at least one undefined injury. I run with fast people. I read blogs of fast people. I think I've tricked myself into thinking I'm faster than I really am. I'm still very new to this sport.

PRE RUN
water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin, calcium, vitamins A&D & glucosamine

No comments: