Monday, May 12, 2008

Stretching It Out

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. @ 8:15/mi.

ACHIEVED
3.01 mi. @ 7:46/mi.

57F 72% 4 mph

I felt okay this morning other than a balky left knee. It wasn't painful; just "tired". I haven't felt that before. The weather was good. The pace felt comfortable as I picked it up over the short effort.

I've got a tempo run on Wednesday then another short, easy run Thursday. I've got a massage scheduled for Thursday afternoon. I'm hoping to get that calm feeling that I found the week leading up to St. George. Oh that reminds me, I was selected in the St. George lottery Friday so that will be my fall marathon this year. I'm looking forward to going back.

PRE RUN
2 FRS chews & water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & water
Later, GrapeNuts w/skim milk

5 comments:

Angela said...

You are intense. I wish Larry had your ambition to get out there (and trim down). ha
I don't think we'll be at the race Sat. Shucks. We have stake temple that morning then off to Hud's ball game. Can't wait to go eat at Big Bens after though :)
Big A

Cory said...

Hey A!

Glad to see you in the blogosphere. I checked out your page last week. It looks good. Let me assure you that there are no rules out here so just write whatever you want!

I'm not as intense as you might suggest. I just talk a good time and I'm suffering a midlife crisis so this is my outlet for now!

When you walk out of the big house on the boulevard, look out on Grant. If you see a guy crying and/or crawling, please come help me! That's about a mile or two from the finish and it's really tough at the point.

I suppose we'll all be looking to gorge ourselves Saturday afternoon. Burger Bar sounds really good!

Where's Hudson's game ... road trip or local ???

Tiffany said...

Ang is right you are intense.
WOW! Amazing I wish I had your drive... Not the car you drive!!
Just kidding! aahhhh Just remember 40 is the new 30. I don't think you look a day older then Brady.
I'll see you at the race. Bradys wife Amy is running also.
Good Luck!!!!

p.s. I linked over from Ang I hope you don't care...

Tiffany said...

Ang is right you are intense.
WOW! Amazing I wish I had your drive... Not the car you drive!!
Just kidding! aahhhh Just remember 40 is the new 30. I don't think you look a day older then Brady.
I'll see you at the race. Bradys wife Amy is running also.
Good Luck!!!!

p.s. I linked over from Ang I hope you don't care...

Cory said...

Hey Tiffany -

Good to hear from you. I don't mind the traffic on my blog at all!

We're going to rent a different car on this trip. Hopefully it suits us better!

Is Amy running the half or full marathon?

Looking forward to seeing you.


Cory