Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Post Marathon Run

OBJECTIVE
stretch legs & clear muscle soreness; test left knee

ACHIEVED
3.53 mi. @ 8:04/mi.

6:33 AM 72° 89% 7 mph

With mixed emotions, I hit the pavement this morning. Jonathan ran Sunday morning in Utah but my knee wasn't ready for that. I took my running clothes to work yesterday thinking I'd run downtown before going home. Ultimately I didn't feel ready. Finally, this morning after dropping Cameron off, I made my way over to the gully trail for a run. I wasn't concerned about time or distance; just wanted to see how I felt. There was muscle soreness in my quads and calfs but not as much as I thought there would be. My knee was achy but okay once it warmed up.

I've got a lot of things to sort out with my running. I'm going to take it slow. I requested a physician referral from a doctor who works with Power in Motion. I need to get the knee figured out before I go long again.

PRE RUN
GrapeNuts w/skim milk

POST RUN
SlimFast

No comments: