Sunday, January 6, 2008

Unseasonably Warm

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.37 mi. : 26:39 = 7:55/mi.

6:36 AM 64° 94% 8 mph

I just wanted to get out today and see how I felt after yesterday's good run. I had the idea in the back of my head that I just wanted to finish strong. This concept was balanced against the fact that I just wanted to stretch it out.

It was warm this morning. For the sake of next weekend's Houston marathoners and especially my friends who are running, I hope that it's cooler next Sunday morning than it is today! A marathon start in the mid-60's most likely would not result in a good day.

While stretching out before I got started, I noticed that my hips had a bit of tenderness in them. I'm guessing it's the ITB "connection" at the hip. It didn't bother me at all during the run but it was there pre-run. My right calf felt good before, during, and after. I think I'm ready to officially declare that injury as behind me. I should probably wait on any "free from injury" declarations until after next Saturday's 5K. My body will encounter some stresses that it hasn't been subjected to in a while ... so until then I'll tread lightly ....

Today's run was decent. Nothing especially noteworthy. I tacked on a little extra at the end just to force myself mentally to run in my neighborhood. For some reason, I seem to have a mental block about doing that.


PRE RUN
Nothing

POST RUN
Nothing

No comments: