Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Now the Left

OBJECTIVE
3 mi : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.01 mi. : 25:07 = 8:20/mi.

5:29 AM 46F 64% 6mph

Missed yesterday's hill session due to work (year-end close). Thought I'd do an extra mile mile today and go 4 but woke up late and as soon as I started my left ITB flared. This was/is a surprising development. The left has always been secondary and never too bad. But today it got my attention early and often! I pulled back the reins just hoping to get the run in. By the time I was on the third mile, the knee had numbed. This is a obviously a frustrating development. Today was supposed to be my last training run before Saturday's 5K but I'm not exactly sure how the play this latest set back. I also have no good idea what led to this. Hopefully it's short-term but I'm starting to have my doubts.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
oatmeal w/skim milk, cinnamon, & honey, multivitamin & water

No comments: