Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mile Intervals Ain't Easy

I couldn't sleep this morning so that led to an early start. I had
planned to run tonight (thought it might be interesting to be out with
the trick-or-treaters) but Jonathan gave me a heads up about a 5K at
Rice University tomorrow night. I knew that I wouldn't make the race
if I ran my intervals tonight but I may have a shot if I got them in
this morning.

The schedule was for a warm up of 10 to 20 minutes followed by 3 1600 meter intervals in 6:28 with 1 minute rest in between each. The cool down was for 10 minutes. That was the plan, this is the reality:

2 mile warm up
6:25
6:46
6:51
1.8 mile cool down

This workout was tough! I'm not sure if it was just a bad day or if it was just too much of a stretch for me. I like to think it was a bad
day. The 1 minute break between intervals was SHORT! It didn't allow
for much recovery.

I've got 13 miles on Saturday. I'd like to be done in time to watch
the Olympic marathon trials from NYC. There are a couple of guys with Utah connections I've been following.

No comments: