Monday, October 29, 2007

Day 1

Awww, the excitement of a new training cycle ... !!!

I overslept since I stayed up to watch the final out of the Red Sox sweep of the Rockies in the World Series. I had planned to run from the Y but didn't think I could get back home before Cameron would need a ride to get his day started. Therefore, I just ran from the house. I started a little before 5 am.

The plan called for a 2 easy miles followed by a 2 mile short tempo run at 7:03 pace then 2 more easy miles. I made the trek over to the high school and ran the middle 2 miles on the track then came back home. It broke down like this:


2.12M @ 8:38

2M tempo (7:02 & 7:00)

2.01M @ 8:59


My right knee was bothering me a bit on the cool down. I'm not sure what that was because everything was fine until I transitioned from the faster tempo pace to the cool down pace. Hopefully it's nothing.

This training program is supposed to place an emphasis on quality rather than quantity. I have the early impression that every workout is going to be just that "work". There's probably not going to be an opportunity to loaf through a workout and still hit the planned times. I suppose this is good since I think it's what I need to get where I want to be. This morning's run felt like a "speed workout" but it wasn't ... the speed workout will be Wednesday night when I get to go out for 3 x 1600's. I'm already looking forward to the payoff of this training plan!

No comments: