Sunday, July 15, 2007

3 Miles Makeup + 2 Miles in advance = 5 Miles

Went out for 5 miles this morning. Yesterday's schedule called for 6 miles (at 9:02 pace) but I only got 3.1 (at 6:58 pace) at the race so I was short 3 miles. Tomorrow's schedule is for 4 miles (at 8:57 pace) and I'm not sure what the coming week is going to bring since I'll be vacationing in Florida and Georgia. So I figured I better makeup the 3 miles from yesterday and get at least a couple of tomorrow's miles today.

It rained a lot yesterday in the afternoon and overnight so I chose a road route to try to stay dry as best I could. I ran over to the high school baseball field than looped down through Meyer Park. My objective was to take the first and last mile slower as a warmup and cooldown but have my overall pace come in at 8:57.

Mile Splits

9:08
8:10
8:40
8:40
9:19

5 miles @ 8:47 (43:57)

No comments: