Saturday, May 26, 2007

10 Mile Tempo Run !?!!!?!!!?!?!

Met with members of ChampionsFit this morning at 5:45 am. The group was scheduled for 12 miles but broke into different groups for shorter distances and varied paces.

I ended up with Bob Bond, an experienced runner and marathon veteran. He was running 10 miles which sounded good to me.

I felt good the first couple miles and we were on a pace around 8:10. The conversation was good and Bob was a smooth and efficient machine. It was great to be with someone who was such good runner.

I was really feeling beat with a couple miles to go. I suggested he drop me if he needed to but he stayed with me for awhile longer offering encouragement. With something around a mile left he slowing pulled away from me.

I finished the 10 miles in 1:22:44 for an 8:16 pace! This was only 10 seconds off last Saturday's race pace for the half ... minus the hills plus high humidity. I am happy with the effort ... now it's over!

I look forward to running with Bob again. I need to put together next week's training schedule.

No comments: