Saturday, August 16, 2014

18M Fail!

 

Summary

Name 18M Fail!
Location Houston, TX
Start Time 8/16/2014 5:33 AM (UTC-05:00) Category My Activities:Running
Distance 11.01 mi Time 01:33:04.0
Time Moving 01:33:04.0 Stopped 00:00:09.0
Average pace 08:27 min/mi Max. pace 07:01 min/mi
Weather Sunny; 79.8 °F
Notes OBJECTIVE
18M @ 810-901

Right from the very beginning, this did not go well. Since I needed 18 miles and the group was generally going 15, I went downtown 30 minutes so I could start with an early loop of Memorial Park. At the outset, my stomach was churning and I felt heavy on my feet. I had been at a dinner party the night before which translated into bad eating and a late night. Was that the problem?

I joined the group and immediately fell back and was struggling to hold the pace. After struggling for 8 miles with the group, I had fallen off the back and simply cashed it in. I walked it in.

Beginning last Monday, I suffered an episode of salmonella poisoning from eating bad eggs that I prepared. It tore my insides up and I have been extremely week during the experience and slow to regain normalcy.

I am feeling like this training cycle is slipping away from me. Not good!

Created with Activity Documentation Plugin for SportTracks
(see http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com)

No comments: