Sunday, October 23, 2011

objective
3 mi. easy

achieved
3.17 mi.@ 8:21

Started my birthday off with an easy out-and-back along the Lakefront Trail.

I approached marathon recovery differently this time. In the past, I've jumped back into it with renewed dedication either because I'm trying to make up for a bad marathon or am still riding the euphoria of a good one. Looking back at my history, the few weeks after a marathon as usually when I've developed a physical problem - either an injury or something that has led to an injury. So this time, I just didn't run for three weeks. Hopefully, I'm closer to fully recovered and have eliminated the possibility of an injury going forward. I'm going to take it easy as I work to very slowly rebuild a good base. I figure that process will take me to the new year then I'll have a good foundation for another training cycle. It should be interesting doing this in the elements that will be coming at me over the next several months.

No comments: