Monday, September 5, 2011

Objective
Warm up
6x1 mi.@ 7:17 w/.5 mi. active recoveries
Cool down

Achieved
WU
Dynamic stretch
658 (ran 1/2 mi. Thinking I needed 617 before realizing it's 717. Dumb!)
714
707
712
710
700

Total time = 1:46:14
Total distance = 12.12
CD

Back to the track at KHS. There's no way they wouldn't have the district stadium back in shape for football season. This is Texas after all. Forget that most classes are being held in temporary buildings ....

I was tired by the end of this one but did a nice job staying focused on the task at hand. I did have difficulty finding my pace over the first 3 reps but settled for the last 3.

Interesting observation: ever-so-slowly my speed is coming back. It's virtually imperceptible but I did notice it over the last 2 miles of Saturday's run and during the last rep today. Probably a little too little, a little too late for St. George but at least my body is adapting to the training load.
Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments: