Monday, June 14, 2010

OBJECTIVE
7 mi.@ 7:53-8:44
2x20 sec. stiff-legged running
2x20 sec. no-arm running

ACHIEVED
7.22 mi.@ 8:34
2x20 sec. stiff-legged running
2x20 sec. no-arm running

5:28 AM 79° 89% 1 mph

I was a bit creaky starting out today. My Achilles were extremely tight. I took it quite slow early on then picked it up after loosening up.

With temperature and humidity in the 80's lately ... it feels like summer is here. I don't have the benefit of training on hills or at altitude but I do get the Houston heat and humidity. I like to think that toughens me up a bit.

PRE RUN
weight=165
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, & crisp rice cereal w/skim milk

2 comments:

pcb said...

You mean temps in the 80's when you run - before 7 in the am - but it's much higher later on. Don't wnat folks to think that June in Houston is quite so mild.

Cory said...

You're correct. When I run in the early morning, it's generally the coolest time of the day. However, the humidity is oftentimes the highest. The variables driving the heat index are temperature and humidity.

The forecast high temperature for today in Houston was 94°. Glad I ran early!