Saturday, January 30, 2010

OBJECTIVE
14 mi.
(first 7 mi.@ 7:38-8:29 then gradually increase pace every mile; last mile @ 6:52)

ACHIEVED
14.01 mi.@ 7:45
last 7 mi. 7:48 7:33 7:23 7:12 7:04 6:55 6:49

6:15 AM 35° 63% 4 mph

Wicked northwest wind this morning. Seemed I was running NW the entire time on this out-&-back. :-) Ran the last 7 as a progression. Wanted the last mile to be half marathon pace (6:52). Happy with how I closed this one out.




Other then yesterday's missed recovery run (2-6 mi.), this has been a really good running week for me. I cranked my training paces faster after last Saturday's 5K PR. I wasn't sure what to expect but I hit every workout. I feel like I'm getting stronger. Just need to stay focused.

I've also been doing Matt Fitzgerald's resistance workouts on my recovery days. I think this is helping me. My legs felt "different" during Thursday's tempo run and I really don't have anything to attribute it to other than the resistance workouts.

PRE RUN
weight=166.5
water, oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/1% milk

2 comments:

Josh said...

Wow! That's an awesome run! Even better for being able to effectively push the pace late in the run...

Cory said...

Thanks, Josh.

As you well know, some days things just come together. Frankly, I'm pretty sure I couldn't have gone another 1/4 mile.