Thursday, September 10, 2009

Unstable

OBJECTIVE
2 mi. warm-up @ 8:37-9:47
8 mi. @ 6:59/mi.
2 mi. cool-down @ 8:37-9:47

ACHIEVED
2 mi. WU
8 mi. tempo @ 7:12/
2 mi. CD

5:50 AM 75° 97% 1 mph

The tempo run is always my toughest run of the week and now that they are stretching out farther and farther in distance ... they're tough on me mentally and physically.

I ran from the Y this morning. Once again I miscalculated the route needed for my distance (I think I just want these tempo runs to be shorter ... like last week when I cut it a mile short "inadvertently".) However, I had the sense to just keep adding on to the route until I had the distance I needed. This messed with me a bit mentally though. I like to "segment" my runs into digestible little pieces. It seems to make it somehow easier for me mentally and helps regulate my overall pace. With today's miscalculation, my segments became longer and greater in number. Not good for the all-you-eat smorgasbord!

My splits ended up being:

7:14/7:03/7:10/7:17/7:14/7:15/7:12/7:02

These are obviously a bit slower than my 6:59 goal and a bit more erratic than I would like for a tempo run. Let's see what are today's excuses. Well, I already cited my distance miscalculation. On top of that, how about the humidity? It rained yesterday causing this morning's humidity to be very high. Tough to run in. It must have slowed me down ....

I'm not sure when I'll get tomorrow's run in. I've got an early morning meeting in the office. Maybe I'll slip away at lunch for a run ... but then where to shower ... ??? Jonathan are you reading this? Is the Bennett Public Bath open midday tomorrow?

PRE RUN
weight=162
FRS & ginger snaps

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & frosted mini wheats w/skim milk

No comments: