Thursday, July 30, 2009

Abort, Abort, Abort

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warmup
1.5 mi. warm up
4.5 mi. tempo run @ 6:39
1.5 mi. cool down

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretch
1.61 mi. WU
1.76 mi. tempo @ 6:45
1.32 mi. CD

6:40 AM 81° 94% 7 mph

I have no idea what happened this morning but it wasn't good. It was reminiscent of the Austin marathon when my goal just slipped away without being able to do anything about it. I was working hard right from the start of the tempo. Nothing was going to be easy today. The more I put into it the farther I fell off the pace. Less than two miles in, I bagged it. No injury, no cardio distress, no ... nothing ... other than I seemingly sucked this morning!

This week is turning into a disaster as far as training goes. This is disappointing on the heels of last week's solid training and next week's pull back for the 10K. I feel like I'm in some sort of training malaise that I hope to shake ... right away.

PRE RUN
weight=163
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & frosted mini wheats w/1% milk

No comments: