Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Will's Hills: 12 cones @ Spotts Park

OBJECTIVE
Scheduled for 3 mile tempo run + plus 4 easy miles
Opted for Will's Hills which is always a mystery until you there

ACHIEVED
WU
2 x 12 min. hills w/2 min. rest
CD
stretch

5:34 AM 73F 88% 4 mph

These hill workouts are tough! This morning the course was set up around Spotts Park, a smallish city park that sits in a "bowl". Twelve cones with flashing lights are set up around the perimeter. The course was roughly half a mile and alternately dipped toward the center park then climbed out to the very fringe. It was a challenging hill exercise. Our workout was to run the circuit for 12 minutes then take a 2 minute break followed by another 12 minutes in the opposite direction. There were about 12 or 15 runners this morning. I may have started a bit fast because my lap times really dropped from during the second 12 minutes. My splits:

4:32/4:30/2:56 (.33)
4:45/4:54/3:35 (.39)

I've said it before, I enjoy running with this group. There's no "wasted motion" or idle time. They get their workout in then move on. The runs always seem well thought out and challenging.

The three times I've done Will's Hills, Jonathan and I have stayed for the post run stretching which is good for me since it's usually given short shrift on my solo runs.

Went to Jonathan's to clean up and eat before going to work. JB's smoothie was particularly good this morning!

PRE RUN
don't remember ???!?!?!?!

POST RUN
water & SlimFast
Later, Jonathan's special smoothie, Cheerios w/granola & milk

No comments: