Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sweet Release

OBJECTIVE
5 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
5.12 mi. : 44:08 = 8:37/mi.

4:28 AM 46° 76% 0 mph

It was good to get out this morning. I wasn't sure that I would make it this morning. I got home from work last night at 11:30. Work has been particularly stressful of late and at the moment I see no end in sight. I didn't set the alarm for this morning's run but found myself looking at the clock at exactly 4:00. I was actually happy that I woke up. I'll probably pay for the short night's sleep this afternoon.

The run started off shaky. My left knee was pretty bad. I haven't abandoned my self-diagnosis of ITB issues but currently believe that's not what I'm dealing with. The knee feels "twisted". Like yesterday, it gradually worked itself out and by the time I was into Mile 2, it was pretty much gone. It's very strange.

I wasn't pushing pace today. I was just happy to be out. I was operating on limited sleep and a bad nutrition day yesterday. I managed negative splits which is always nice but much easier when the initial pace is slow.

I'm not proficient at just clearing my mind of running while running. But today, I was able to think about some work issues and personal matters as well. No earth-shattering breakthroughs, just clear-headed thought away from the "madness". I wasn't passed by a car until the last mile. It was truly a solitary run ... and I liked it!

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin, & water
Later, Kashi GoLean cereal & water

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cory, You need to RUN up to Rexburg Idaho and see your old friend. Ill call ya later.
Doug Barker

Cory said...

DOUG !!!

Thanks for the note! And thanks for the call this afternoon. It was great to talk with you!

You need to plan on running the half marathon in Ogden on May 17. We can meet up and spend some time together before and after the run.

Good luck to your kids at the competition in Cincinnati!


cnb